|Full name||Kujansuu, Pekka Einari|
|Date of birth||16th of May 1986||Mobile phone||+358 50 3741086|
2012-, Housemarque Oy, Helsinki
2012-2016 Alienation, an action RPG for PlayStation 4. Implemented gameplay systems including enemy AI, weapon systems, audiovisual feedback and procedural events. Worked in an in-house scripting language and state machine editor.
2011-2012, Polygon Toys, Tampere
Sole proprietor of independent game development studio. Core duties include game design and programming, as well as organizational duties.
Developed and self-published game Tiny Hawk on PlayStation Network, iTunes App Store and Google Play Store. Wrote all game code from scratch in C++. Also did some game-related subcontracting using Flash and Unity. Clients include Travel 2 and Carrotia.
Company website: http://polygontoys.com/
2000-2009, Part time jobs and summer jobs
- Summer 2009, Pointsit Oy, Tampere. Web developer, Python.
- Summer 2008, Nokia Oy, Services & Software division. User space driver development for Maemo OS in C++.
- Fall 2007, Walking Woods Oy, Helsinki. Web crawler / data mining software development in Python.
- Summer 2007, Nokia Technology Platforms, Hervanta. WiFi test app development, Symbian C++.
- 2006-2007, Digital Systems Laboratory, Tampere University of Technology. Networked multimedia app development, C and Gstreamer.
- Summer 2004, Nokia Research Center Tokyo. User interface developer, Symbian C++.
- 2002-2004, Nokia Research Center Toijala. Audio and MIDI software, C++ and Python.
- 2000-2002, Mikrolinna Oy. Educational software development, Visual Basic.
Over 15 years of programming experience with various languages and technologies. Originally taught myself programming by reading books at the age of 12. I have been working professionally in the software business from the year 2000.
Skilled in C, C++, C#, ActionScript 3 and Python. Familiar with object-oriented programming, common algorithms and data structures, and version control systems.
Always eager to learn new things.
I have used various game development technologies, including Unity, Marmalade SDK, and FlashPunk. I have released games on PS4, PSP, iOS, Android, and Flash platforms.
I'm a regular participant in game jams and competitions such as the Global Game Jam and the online Ludum Dare 48h game competition and jam.
1st place - Hello World Open 2012, organized by Reaktor Oy
First ever Finnish national championship in programming. Competed as part of a 3-man team against over 100 other teams. The competition task was to create an AI bot for the classic Pong game. The winner was chosen by the bots competing in a tournament.
3rd place - Hello World Open 2014, organized by Reaktor Oy and Supercell
International programming competition. Competed as part of a 2-man team against over 2500 other teams. The competition task was to create an AI bot for a slot car racing game. The winner was chosen by the bots competing in a tournament. Our team was the only Finnish team that made into the finals which consisted of 8 teams from around the world..
2005-, Tampere University of Technology
Software systems major. Studies on hold. 118 credit points.
2002-2004, Päivölä folk college and Valkeakoski adult high school
High school. Laudatur grades in Mathematics and English. Eximia grade in Physics.